We did it! A Goldstream coming our way!

Submitted: Thursday, Jun 26, 2008 at 22:01
ThreadID: 59242 Views:7687 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All,
I loosened the purse strings today.............................and paid the deposit on a VERY slightly secondhand 2007 Goldstream "Storm" camper with the reverse configuration layout. It's only been used a couple of times and still appears to have plastic coverings on some of the fittings.

We've been thinking about this option to replace our trusty camper trailer(with a soft floor) for the past year or so - especially since #1 son arrived in September 06. Hey, whats $30 odd grand anyhow?

The Missus likes the idea of a hard floor camper after spending 6 months living in our trailer while travelling Oz in 2002. She was happy with it, but the cold got to her - bloody Poms!

After much research prior to this, we decide that this was a brand we could live with. It was a case of "you get what you pay for".

Pity is, I'm in Adelaide and the trailer is in Brisbane, but a road trip is half the fun! Time to service the Prado and organise leave. Besides, I got a quote today for $1815 to trailer it down here - bugger that. Especially after my last experience with transport companies!

On a more serious note, I've read several archived threads on Goldstream campers and they all appear to be positive, so hopefully it will do the job for us.

Tips, Tricks and Improvements on this model most welcome from owners.

***Our trusty fold out Taj-Mahal will be appearing in the Classifieds in the next few weeks. Some photos are already on "my profile".*** I'll have a Flyer ready soon to send out to interested people.

Bring it on!

Cheers, Matt
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Brian B (Brisbane) - Thursday, Jun 26, 2008 at 22:21

Thursday, Jun 26, 2008 at 22:21
Hi Matt,

They are a good piece of gear.

We brought a new Goldstream Star 2 Offroad Camper just over a year ago and it is really good. Very good build quality.

One thing we got on ours which is great is an offside (which in our case is the kitchen side) awning as it gives some more privacy and shelter. It just rolls up into its bag like standard bag awnings when we pack up.

We also changed from a soft floor camper trailer and and it is light years ahead of that style IMO.

Hope you enjoy your purchase.
AnswerID: 312447

Follow Up By: Stu-k - Friday, Jun 27, 2008 at 11:23

Friday, Jun 27, 2008 at 11:23
Got the same and at about the same time. Great thing comfy and well built.
Only mod so far is an electric water pump.
Now all we need is more time off work
FollowupID: 578487

Reply By: MilJan - Friday, Jun 27, 2008 at 09:44

Friday, Jun 27, 2008 at 09:44
Yep, we did too, picked up our sovereign this week. Just in time for all the windy showery weather! Cant wait to try it out.

Miles
AnswerID: 312499

Reply By: Boobook2 - Friday, Jun 27, 2008 at 19:01

Friday, Jun 27, 2008 at 19:01
I just got a Strom RL off road too. Hopefully it's delivered in 6 weeks. Looked for a long time.

I don't expect it to go everywhere but from my research and friends experience they will tackle hard rough tracks. Maybe a Glodstream tricks thread would be worthwhile. Lots of good reviews on www.campertrailers.org too

AnswerID: 312611

Sponsored Links